Legislative Update: 2.27.23
Bills introduced or updated since February 12, 2023
Age Verification Bills
- California introduced AB 1501, an exceptionally poorly-designed age verification mandate
- Kentucky and Utah both introduced Louisiana copycat bills. Utah’s bill passed the first committee.
- Virginia SB 1515 passed both chambers. Governor Glenn Youngkin has until March 27 to sign or veto the legislation.
- Arizona SB 1503 passed the first committee.
Banking Fairness Bills
- The Fair Access to Banking Act was reintroduced in Congress.
- West Virginia introduced a Fair Access to Financial Services Act